Monday, January 17, 2005
Sony HDR-FX1: High Definition Without Breaking the Bank
Posted by Doug Johnson in "HARDWARE" @ 11:00 AM
Product Category: Digital video camera
Where to Buy: Amazon [Affiliate]
Price: $3699.99 USD
Specifications: 4 lb 4 oz, 1440 x 1080 HDV Video, 3 lux sensitivity
- True 16x9 1080i high definition video using 3 CCD sensors;
- Image quality is extremely high in all modes;
- Excellent manual controls;
- Many video format conversion options.
- Being marketed as a 'consumer' camera, but is too complex, big, and expensive for a typical consumer;
- A camera at this level should include XLR microphone inputs;
- Low-light performance, though very good, is not quite as good as prior Sony cameras in this price range.
Perhaps one of the most anticipated events in recent history, by semi-pro videographers is the upcoming release of Sony’s new HDR-FX1 3-CCD high definition camcorder. Many of us have been disappointed by the JVC offerings due to their decision to use only a single CCD, and have been anxiously awaiting a true 3-CCD camera. With Sony’s announcement earlier this year of such a product, many of us got really excited. The good news is that their resulting product, the HDR-FX1 is now available.
Read on for the full review!<!>