Wednesday, July 23, 2008
Posted by Jason Dunn in "Digital Home Hardware & Accessories" @ 07:00 AM
[The product photo above says "Up to 2000" photos, but on the package I was sent (also a 5 disc pack) it says "Up To 10,000 Photos Per 5 Pack".]
- Extremely simple-to-use software;
- Backs up 10,000 photos per package;
- Affordable at $15 per package.
- Limited to 20,000 photos total (two SimpleSave Photo packs), no option for backing up more automatically;
- Restore doesn't put the photos and videos back in their original location, making it confusing for beginners who need to restore.
HP sent me a backup product a few months ago that serves a very specific need, and does so quite well. The sad truth is that most people don't back up their personal information off their computers, and when hard drives fail (and they do) or a virus strikes, people lose information. A decade ago, the average consumer might have lost their email and perhaps important documents. Now, in the age of everything digital, there's much more to lose: photos, music, videos, documents, and much more. HP's SimpleSave Photo aims to fix the photo and video part of that equation by providing an incredibly simple system for novice and expert computer users alike for backing up their photos. Read more...