Tuesday, June 5, 2012
Posted by Lee Yuan Sheng in "Digital Home Software" @ 08:00 AM
Product Category: Photo Post Production and Library Software
Where to Buy: Amazon.com [Full version] [Upgrade] [Digital Download Windows] [Digital Download Mac OS X] (Affiliate)
Price: US$149 for Full, US$79 for Upgrade.
System Requirements: For Windows: Intel® Pentium® 4 or AMD Athlon® 64 processor, Microsoft® Windows Vista® with Service Pack 2 or Windows® 7 with Service Pack 1, 2GB of RAM, 1GB of available hard-disk space, 1024x768 display, DVD-ROM drive, Internet connection required for Internet-based services. For Mac OS: Multicore Intel processor with 64-bit support, Mac OS X v10.6.8 or v10.7, 2GB of RAM, 1GB of available hard-disk space, 1024x768 display, DVD-ROM drive, Internet connection required for Internet-based services.
Specifications: Partial Feature List
- Easy to use but powerful workflow
- Good results are fast to achieve
- For Nikon users: Proper colours, finally!
- US$149 price point is hard to ignore
- Slow, slow, slow. Performance issues are present
- Expects to be the centre of your workflow; stepping out of it can make things awkward
- It is slow. It bears repeating. Are you sure you want to use that D800 with this?
Summary: Adobe's Lightroom has reached version 4, and we take a look at its two main modules, and how it works for one of the last holdouts against it. There are some performance issues, but it is capable of some great results. The performance issues cannot be overlooked that easily however, and it does cost the software some points in overall usability. The new price point makes it a relative bargain for many, however. Read more...